2018 has already presented a variety of digital marketing game changers for the lifestyle brand. The most impactful has to be the introduction of shopable posts on Instagram. This new feature makes Instagram ever more powerful for the product focused business, providing even more reasons why Instagram should be at the forefront of your marketing strategy.
Adding shopable posts on Instagram is pretty straight forward, and could prove to be a very smart move for any lifestyle business. Read on to find out how to implement shapable posts on Instagram, and start driving more sales through the photo sharing app…
Instagram Shopable Posts Explained
Put simply, Instagram has rolled out shopable media, which means you can now shop products via tags on posts. In order to use shopable posts, you need to have a product based business, rather than a service based business.
Thus far, Instagram has only allowed one link in the account bio, as well as links in stories for accounts with 10,000 followers or more. This makes shopable posts a big game changer. Enabling users to simply tap tags that link through to the products, clicking bio links and searching for product names can now be a thing of the past.
Making product promoting much easier via Instagram can only result in one thing – an increase in sales. When it comes to making a sale, the key is to make the process as easy as possible, and Instagram shopable posts do just that.
How to Enable Shopable Posts
If you have a product focused business and Instagram is a key part of your marketing strategy, then it’s important to implement shapable posts on Instagram, because why wouldn’t you? You have to apply to use shopable posts, here’s how:
1. Head to the app store and make sure that you have the latest version of Instagram
2. Ensure that your account is also set up as a business profile, if it’s not, head to the settings on your account and update it
3. Make sure you’re also set up as admin on a Facebook page
4. To be able to make your posts shopable, you also need to have a product catalog on Facebook. You can set up a shop via your Facebook page.
Once you have setup a Facebook shop and product catalogue, you will shortly be able to use Instagram shopable tags. It’s worth mentioning that Instagram will need to approve your account, which will be done automatically once you have followed the above steps. Instagram say that this can take ‘a few days’ to complete. You will receive a notification when you are ready to start publishing shopable posts.
Publishing Shopable Posts
Now that you’ve been approved, it’s time to learn how to tag your posts.
1. Select a photo to publish, that includes anything from a single product upwards
2. Tap the products in the photo that you want to tag
3. Enter the relevant information, such as the name of the product and the price, then select the physical product as they appear in your search box, to create a link
4. Finally tap done and then share, of course after you’ve added your caption and hashtags.
Introducing shapable posts on Instagram is something that any product focused lifestyle business can do, and it’s a great way to drive more sales via social media. Have you seen success with shopable posts? Share your tips below…